The world’s smallest, lowest cost, and most versatile location tracker and temperature sensor.
Build Your Solution Around the NanoTag
Hybrid Printed Manufacturing
NanoTags are manufactured with an innovative hybrid printing process. Developed and patented by NanoThings, hybrid printing is a manufacturing process that enables 10X the scalability of traditional electronics manufacturing. Key components, like the antenna and connective circuitry, are printed on a flexible substrate to reduce size and cost while enabling mechanical flexibility. Non printable components, like the silicon and an ultra thin flexible battery, are surface mounted after the printing process.
The result is a device with a significantly smaller form factor, carbon footprint, and cost to produce.
The NanoTag has been extensively tested and commercially deployed across LoRaWAN in North America, Europe, and Asia. For North America, the NanoTag also comes FCC certified*.
*Any changes to the antenna, chip, or any other RF components of the NanoTag may void FCC certification.
Buttons add cost and user confusion. Users are 90% more likely to configure a device incorrectly when buttons are present.
The activation tab has a dual purpose. First and foremost, removing the activation tab activates the NanoTag. Secondly, the activation tab can be attached to paperwork as proof of use.
100 micron thick PET film provides mechanical flexibility without compromising tensile strength or durability.
Standard NanoTag Specifications
- Operating Range: -30°C to 60°C
- Typical Accuracy (max): ± 0.5 °C (-10 °C to +60 °C)
- Resolution: 0.1°C
- Notes: The NanoTag can be equipped with different temperature sensors. A full list of compatible sensors is available in the NanoTag integration documentation.
- Capacity: 600mAh
- Chemistry: LiMnO2
- Safety Standards: IEC 60086-4/GB 8897.4, IEC 62281
- Notes: The NanoTag can operate on any battery chemistry that meets the minimum supply voltage requirements.
- Memory Type: Non-volatile flash
- Storage Capacity: 24,000 temperature readings
- Measurements (max): 98 x 130 x 1.5 (mm)
- Weight: 6.5 grams
- Notes: Thickness of the NanoTag varies between 200 micron and 1.5mm. The thickest elements of the NanoTag are the SIP and battery.
Dimensions can be modified.
- Inner Film: PET
- Release Liner: 3M 467MP
- Top Laminate: Neschen Solvoprint Performance 80 Nolite
- Notes: Although the NanoTag is flexible, it is not recommended to bend the NanoTag.
The NanoTag can be manufactured without release liner for applications that require easy removal or direct contact with food or water.
- Protocol: LoRaWAN
- Regions: US, Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan
- Band: Sub-GHz ISM
- Output Power (max): 20dBm
A Device With Endless Use Cases
Cold Chain Monitoring
Cold chain monitoring for food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and more.
Autonomous, scalable inventory monitoring.
Cost effective asset tracking without heavy installations.
Anti-tampering protection, open notifications, and confirmed arrivals made possible.
Smart packaging made possible. Especially great for reusable packaging.
Simple and scalable facility temperature mapping.